Dr. Joe Piggin from the Loughborough University, which has been ranked as the Sports University of the Year 2013-14 by The Sunday Times, will be visiting various cities in India from 24th January to 1st February to conduct student counseling sessions. Dr. Joe Piggin, who is the Lecturer at the University’s world renowned School of Sports, Exercise and Health Sciences will be meeting students and interact with them on a one-to-one basis. The School is consistently ranked among the top institutions for Sport Science and is a leading provider of education in human biology, psychology, sport and exercise science, and sport management. Following are the venues where students can meet Dr. Piggin:
New Delhi (24th – 25th January):
• 24th January (Friday) - The Chopras (Nehru Place) between 11 am – 1 pm and Amity University
• 25th January (Saturday) - Aspire (South Campus) between 3 pm – 5 pm and Edwise (South Extension) between 11 am – 2 pm
Mumbai (27th - 29th January):
• 27th January (Monday) - Guru Nanak Khalsa College and MGM College; Hotel Taj Lands End (Bandstand Road) to meet students and answer their queries 6.30 pm onwards.
• 28th January (Tuesday) - Singapore International School and Edwise World Education Fair
• 29th January (Wednesday) - Podar International School, SVKM International School, Russell Square College and Mithibai College
Bangalore (30th January – 1st February):
• 30th January (Thursday) – Jain College, St Joseph’s school, Indus school and M S Ramaiah College
Since its launch in 2009, the School has built an international reputation for the quality of its research and its highly competitive undergraduate, postgraduate taught and doctoral programmes. Some of the most celebrated names in sports – including Sebastian Coe, Paula Radcliffe, Steve Backley, Tanni Grey-Thompson, Monty Panesar and Clive Woodward – have all been students of Loughborough University. Courses offered at the School include BSc Sport and Exercise Science; BSc Sport Management; BSc Human Biology; BSc Psychology; MSc Exercise Physiology; MSc Sociology of Sport; MSc Sport and Exercise Nutrition; MSc Sport Coaching; and MSc Sports Biomechanics.
The establishment of a £10m pioneering sport and exercise medicine centre at Loughborough - one of three regional hubs that, together, will form the country's first ever National Centre for Sport and Exercise Medicine - further cements the School’s reputation at the forefront of these fields. The University is also the home of Sport Park, a £15m development that serves as the base for many of the country's top sports governing bodies and national sports organisations including the ECB National Cricket Centre and the LTA Tennis Academy.
To seek an appointment with Dr. Joe Piggin, please contact Dr. Lisa Blenkinsop at L.Blenkinsop@lboro.ac.uk. For further information on the University, please visit http://www.lboro.ac.uk/.
This forum is to post any breaking news and news articles
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest