Off-topc cricket discussion

As the other sports forums seem to have taken old to some respect, well here is a cricket forum. NOTE: This forum will be heavily moderated and can be revoked at any time is discussions go out of hand.

Moderator: Moderators

thesportsmirror
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Off-topc cricket discussion

Postby thesportsmirror » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:56 pm

If ever cricket could be likened to rocket science, the most difficult equation would be Muralitharan’s off spinners. A touch of perfection and imperfection all in one right hand, the swirl of which makes people literally dance to his tune. Adulation will pour in for a long time to come, as the diminutive wizard decided to finish his career in the longest form of the game.792 wickets and fast approaching 800, Murali has been nothing short of breath taking.

http://www.thesportsmirror.com/2010/07/ ... alitharan/

PKBasu
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: The Warhorse Named Muralitharan

Postby PKBasu » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:17 pm

Very nice gesture by the Indian team to give Murali a ceremonial guard of honour as he walked out to bat for (perhaps) his last test innings.
He later came out and captured the vital wicket of Sachin Tendulkar -- the very rare occurrence of the highest run-getter in test history falling to the highest wicket-taker in test history, in the latter's last test.

tomgat

Sport wears for running?

Postby tomgat » Sat May 05, 2012 5:47 am

Hello guys
what sport wears you use for running? I would like to know what to wear when I'm running? I am thinking to buy black Adidas pants & yellow shirt with white Nike shoes. And also If you know any good Sports store then please let me know.

Thank you!

Atithee

Re: Sport wears for running?

Postby Atithee » Sat May 05, 2012 12:37 pm

I would go with yellow Nike pants, white shirt, and black Adidas shoes. And I recommend buying them at Troll Palace.

You are welcome!

thenitindas

Inspiring short film on sports

Postby thenitindas » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:09 am

Here's a wonderful short film on sports with an inspiring message.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKup-zzMU5E
Anyone who loves sports, will love this heart warming film.

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Inspiring short film on sports

Postby jayakris » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:10 am

Moved the post to the cricket forum. I watched a little bit of it, and it looked to be nicely made.

But it seemed to be on cricket, and not exactly in sports in general. Not sure if the movie directly makes any such general commentary explicitly. I didn't see it in the portions at the beginning and end that I saw. Due to my general disdain towards cricket, and especially as I hate to see Indian kids playing cricket rather than something else that is a world sport, I didn't have the presence of mind to watch all of it.

So I am probably not doing my moderator job well in being opinionated and unilaterally deciding to move it to the cricket forum, I suppose :) ...

Jay

SAFan

2nd ever cricket TED talk

Postby SAFan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:44 am

All, been lurking for years but thought I would share a TED talk I just gave to an American audience on the sport we all love, what it means to all of us around the world and why cricket is a metaphor for life. Feel free to share it if you like it and send me feedback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5tcbkQC9gk

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Re: 2nd ever cricket TED talk

Postby jayakris » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:40 am

Welcome to the forum. That is an interesting talk about cricket. Jay

SAFan

Postby SAFan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:49 am

jayakris wrote:Welcome to the forum. That is an interesting talk about cricket. Jay

Thank you Jay!

PKBasu

Postby PKBasu » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:55 pm

Hey SAFan, thanks for that: I could relate to a lot of it. I have travelled thousands of miles to watch three World Cup finals (none of them played in my country of domicile) and lots of tests over the years. And I keep playing cricket whenever possible too, although the body protests louder with each passing year!

HydbadBill

USA Fan Looking for Channels to Watch Indian Cricket

Postby HydbadBill » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Hi. I am an American living in Chicago who is a big fan of the Indian national side.

I was hoping someone could recommend to me a web-site where I could watch replays (preferably) or live streams of Indian cricket fixtures.

I used to watch them on ESPN, but it seems they have recently discontinued airing these events.

I would prefer free streams, but am willing to consider a subscription service if they are reasonable, reliable, and in my budget.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much.

Ayush1234567

Re: USA Fan Looking for Channels to Watch Indian Cricket

Postby Ayush1234567 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:42 am

You should look for starsports.com

HydbadBill

Postby HydbadBill » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:55 pm

Thank you very much Ayush.

That looks very promising, but the problem is that after I watch the initial advertisement, it tells me "This video is not working or not available in your region"

Any advice?

I plan on contacting ESPN to see what their future plans are as well. I've been able to enjoy many matches for several years through them, but they seemed to have shut down their broadcast shortly after the conclusion of the CLT20. I'm not sure why, but after fiddling around for quite some time, I discovered that they are planning on broadcasting the SL vs. NZ Test in late December.

I should contact the network and find out exactly what their trajectory is about future broadcasts of this sport. I will keep you updated.

HydbadBill

Postby HydbadBill » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:29 pm

Just contacted them, and it seems like it must be a contract dispute.

The manager I talked to was very hesitant to provide me with much information, as he insisted it was "proprietary," but I should keep checking back for future programming.

Hopefully negotiations will proceed kindly. I miss the opportunity to watch matches during my weekends, but I will sorely be disappointed if I am not able to watch the World Cup in February.

From time to time I have a South Asian cab driver, and I always bring up my love of cricket. I know there are alternative services out there, so please let me know if anyone recommends anything else that might be better/more consistent.

kna

Postby kna » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:48 pm

Willow TV (http://www.willow.tv) is a very good subscription service.

http://www.crictime.com and http://www.crictime.com are free streaming services, but quality is iffy and there are a lot of annoying pop-up ads.

Return to “The Cricket Forum”