Indian Athletics Thread ...

All other sports such as squash, badminton,volleyball, atheletics etc which are not covered by any other forum heading can be entered in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

Varma
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Indian Athletics Thread ...

Postby Varma » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:53 pm

Boy, what a moving story it is! Thanks for sharing it, Jay. In most of those pictures, Tejasvin was wearing a UCLA sweat-shirt. I wonder if he is considering a US college for his under-graduation? I hope he does. Azusa and UCLA are closer to where I live. I wish someone posts his training schedule next time he comes to this area so that I can go and meet him in person. I am pretty sure Jay would love to do that as well.

- Varma

jayakris
Moderators
Moderators

Postby jayakris » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:18 am

^^^ I was thinking the same thing, Varma!

PKBasu

Postby PKBasu » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:38 am

Fantastic stuff. In Tejaswin and Chopra we have two world-class (or rather, world-beating) junior athletes. I hope they are nurtured well and become Olympic medal contenders by 2020.

jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Postby jaydeep » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:56 am

KT Irfan clocked an impressive 1:20:59 timing to win a bronze in the 20km men's event in the Asian Race Walk Championships at Nomi, Japan ... Korea's Kim Hyun-Sub took the gold in 1:19:50 while Georgiy Sheiko of Kazakhstan won the silver in 1:20:47.

In the women's 20km event, Priyanka finished fourth with a time of 1:37:42.

jaydeep
Moderators
Moderators

Postby jaydeep » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:04 pm

The shot putter Manpreet Kaur came up with the best throw of 18.86m, which was nearly one meter more than her earlier national record of 17.96m that she had set in 2015 ... She clinched a gold in the first leg of the Asian Grand Prix Athletics at Jinhua, China ... With this performance, Manpreet also qualified for the IAAF World Championships to be held in August in London ... The entry standard for women's shot put in the World Championships stands at 17.75m.

This was huge throw and almost a meter long from a previous national record which created by Manpreet only.

We won 1 Gold, 4 Silver and 2 Bronze medals ... Neeraj Chopra (men's javelin), Tintu Luka (women's 800m), Neena Varakil (women's long jump) and Jinson Johnson (men's 800m) won a silver each while Dutee Chand (women's 100m) and Om Prakash Karhana (men's shot put) bagged a bronze each ... Neeraj had to settle for a silver with a decent effort of 82.11m in men's javelin.

sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Postby sameerph » Mon May 08, 2017 4:55 am

Neeraj Chopra did qualify for world championships with a throw of 83.32 in the second leg of the Asian grand prix in China.

This is a nice article on him -

On a sling and a prayer

It is unfortunate that his Aussie Coach Garry Calvert is no longer with IAAF and has left. Hope he gets right guidance to go further.

Return to “Other Sports/Olympics”