Indian Movies and Bollywood

This is a place where you can enter any non-sports general topics
Varma
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Indian Movies and Bollywood

Postby Varma » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:24 pm

Omkara...congratulations to Mayurica on her first major film! Just saw the trailer and only then did I realize what you meant. I would love to watch it. I live in the US, so didn't get a chance to watch the original telecast. Is there a way I can find it in archives somewhere?

- Varma

Omkara

Postby Omkara » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:09 pm

Varma wrote:Omkara...congratulations to Mayurica on her first major film! Just saw the trailer and only then did I realize what you meant. I would love to watch it. I live in the US, so didn't get a chance to watch the original telecast. Is there a way I can find it in archives somewhere?

- Varma

Here is a link of the video shared on CNA website

Voices under the mango tree

For more than 6 months this became a part of my and Mayurica Biswas 's life. A whodunnit focusing on layers of complex issues that plague India today, a far cry from the world that gets portrayed in the Yash Raj / bollywood films, that often go unrecognized. Glad I pushed M to go for this. With ample support from family it finally got broadcast last week and received best ratings among other stories in the series.

Please watch, share and let us know what you think

Omkara

Postby Omkara » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:00 am

Hi,

I hope some of you saw the video. I am now sharing a blog update about the shoot and experience of the crew during the entire filming of the documentary.

Other side of Badaun - Mayurica Biswas

At the end of the blog we have again shared the link of the documentary. If you haven't managed to see it, please do.

Omkara

sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Postby sameerph » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:20 pm

Dangal is one of the best movies with sports background. I think it is easily the best bollywood film of 2016 too. The only sports based Bollywood film which comes close is Chak de India. But, that was more on imaginary theme ( Indian womens hockey team has never won a world cup ) and this is on a real life story of Phogat sisters and their father. It is really inspiring to see how Mahavir Phogat brought up his daughters as world class wrestlers in a small village in Haryana where women are not supposed to even go out of the house.

Omkara

Postby Omkara » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:06 am

It was a really inspiring movie. Loved it.

Return to “General Chit Chat”