Divij Sharan / Purav Raja (pair) thread ...

All posts regarding specific player and player fans threads are in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

arjun2761
Please enter the middle number: 1

Re: Divij Sharan / Purav Raja (pair) thread ...

Postby arjun2761 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:20 pm

It a brutal loss for sure. Not sure that they are a brutal team in that they seem to be one of the better but typical challenger level doubles team. As far as I can see, neither of the two Aussies (with their respective partners) have beaten another doubles team with both opponents in the top 100 until this victory at least this year.

Varma
Please enter the middle number: 1

Postby Varma » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:59 pm

You are right, Arjun. I concur with you. In my defense though, I said, "brutal team as an R1 opponent in a Challenger" :). I guess I have too much of a soft corner for these guys. I feel that they deserve to be regulars on the tour. Unlike Lee-Hesh (who, of course, are top notch), DiPu have realized quickly that they are each others' best bets and put their differences aside to team up again. They have been on the fringes for too long and I am as desperate as they are to see them eek out a living at ATP tournaments.

- Varma

sameerph
Moderators
Moderators
Antispam: No
Please enter the middle number: 5

Postby sameerph » Mon May 22, 2017 5:03 am

Congratulations to Divij and Purav for winning the big $125K+H Bordeaux Challenger last week. This is their 6th challenger title together. Apart from this of course they have won 2 ATP titles together.

Divij is now ranked 55 and Purav at 58, just a few spots below their career high rankings of 53 and 54 respectively.

Hope they have a good week this week at Lyon and then at French open next week. They have no points to defend for these weeks and a good run can get them inside top 50 before grass season where they have more points to defend.

Return to “Tennis Player Forums”